Mr. Knapp has held positions in national and statewide groups addressing small business issues:
- South Carolina Small Business Chamber of Commerce president, CEO and co-founder (2000-present)
- South Carolina Small Business Development Center Advisory Board (2012–present).
- American Sustainable Business Network Board of Directors (2011-2022).
- Dominion Energy SC Energy Efficiency Advisory Group (2011-present)
- Small Business for America’s Future Co-Chair (2017-2022).
- Business Alliance for Protecting the Atlantic Coast president, CEO and co-founder (2016-2018)
- U.S. Small Business Administration’s Office of the National Ombudsman, District IV Regulatory Fairness Board Chair (2015–2017).
- American Sustainable Business Council Board of Directors Co-Chair (2012-2017).
- University of South Carolina Regional Small Business Development Center Advisory Board (2005-2010).
- Common Cause-South Carolina, Chair (1981-1982).